Saturday, April 28, 2007

Storybook Cake

Every year I try to pick a theme for my kids' birthday parties. I pick the theme according to whatever seems to be of greatest interest to each child that particular year. Last year we had a princess birthday party and this year, I wanted to do a storybook theme. Sara really enjoys books, and loves when anyone reads to her--she will sit for book after book. This past year, Sara and I have been reading through the "Little House on the Prairie" series, so I wanted the cake to look "woodsy" to go along with the books. I knew if I attempted a book cake myself, it would probably look like a third-grader did it. So, I found a small bakery that would make one for me. I told them what I wanted it to look like and what I wanted it to say and left the rest to them. The cake turned out great!!



3 comments:

Unknown said...

Beautiful cake! I hear ya, I'm going to endeavor to do a cake for Chloe this August and I'm getting nervous already . . .

Joe & Sarah McDaniel said...

Very nice - believe it or not, after we talked, I was trying to solve your cake problem and couldn't think of any good ideas. I was wondering how it turned out. They did a great job - very cute!

Meg Flaming said...

Very Impressive! I don't think I would attempt that either.