Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Celebrating 30 Years!

Happy 30th Birthday to my good friend, Esther Mulder! Thanks to the "special student" line, class officer nominations, counseling classes, and two years of dorm life together on the second floor, we have shared a friendship of over 11 years! We have been in each other's weddings, held each other's newborn babies, and have served in ministry together. God has greatly blessed me with Esther's friendship, and I am truly grateful for her example in my life. She is a strong person, who has a servant's heart and a love for people.

Happy Birthday my dear friend!

5 comments:

the johnson crew said...

what a sweet post... happy birthday esther! good friends like that are such a blessing!

6packB said...

I really wish I had gotten some pictures of and with you guys while I was there! I sure do miss you. Am thankful that you have each other and know to treasure that time together. Love you both!

Esther said...

Thanks Nicki - sorry it took me so long to check your blog! I so appreciate your friendship and and thankful to God for seeing fit to put us in close enough proximity to each other to continue to deepen our friendship! Thanks for sharpening me - Proverbs 27:17. I love you my dear, dear friend!! And thanks for my birthday lunch today too!! :)

Adrianna said...

I hope this isn't offensive, but she looks just the same as she did when we all almost got thrown out of a mall together ;-)

Esther said...

Okay, so I'm going back a bit - I know it's been a while since you posted this. But I just saw Andi's comment.

Well, I'm not offended at all - but I do look back at that time in my life as one of the worst hair phases. And I've looked at this picture and thought - bad hair. So I'm really hoping that I don't look like that all the time (although, right now I'm there again - in bad need of a hair cut).

But those were great memories at the mall - up the down escalator!! :)