Thursday, August 16, 2007

Not the smartest decision we ever made. . . .

So, here we are at the fair, and I'm thinking, I wonder if there is a ride we can all ride together as a family. I naively suggest the Tilt-O-Whirl, thinking it's a pretty calm ride, the kids would probably like it. HA!! WRONG! It was a nightmare. . .I don't think I have ever been on a tilt-o-whirl that has gone so fast in all of my life. Sara screamed and cried the entire time! "I don't like this thing, I want to get off!!" Silas was all scrunched down into my ribs hanging on for dear life. Yup, we totally traumatized our kids. This picture was a self-taken BEFORE the ride began. . . things were far too chaotic to take one after. After we got off the ride and Sara calmed down she said to me, "Mommy, why did you think that ride would make me laugh?!" Poor kid. . we tried to make up for it by letting them ride another slow, safe, kiddie ride. Live and Learn right?

1 comment:

Tricia said...

Oh yes, the Tilt-a-whirl holds some bad memories for me as well. However, mine are from college days...we took a lovely Slessor outing to some little fair/park in Green Bay and my date and I decided to go on the above mentioned ride. Anyway, he lost his lunch while we were riding on this thing together...soooo disgusting! I have since renamed it the Tilt-a-hurl, although I always thought it was great fun! =)