Friday, November 02, 2007

Charlie Brown had his tree. . .

So, we are all happily browsing the pumpkin patch, which had some great pumpkins I must say, and Silas decides to go off on his own to the opposite side of the patch. No problem, I figure he is working hard to scope out the best pumpkin possible without the aid of mom and dad. Afterall, he is "Mr. Independent." So, I snap a picture of him in his cute red hat and move on to pick my own pumpkin. A little while later we hear Silas from across the way shouting, "FOUND ONE!" Great! How cute is that, my little guy searched and searched to find the perfect pumpkin just for him, all on his own. He bumbles his way across the patch, (trying not to trip over all the other pumpkins) and very carefully toting his special find with his mittened hands. However, the closer he gets the more unusual looking his pumpkin becomes. . .Silas had picked the most rotten pumpkin in the patch, NO--I should say the most rotten pumpkin I have ever seen! Take a look--see for yourself. . .




Hmmm. . . which one would you choose?

5 comments:

Joe & Sarah McDaniel said...

very original? he probably just liked the cool colors, and it was different than all those boring orange ones, right? Cute!

Unknown said...

Eww! That's so funny though. Just another moment when you wonder what is going through your child's head, eh? Chloe often does weird stuff like that and I am stumped to figure out her thought processes. :)

the johnson crew said...

that is hilarious... so so so funny! and i love how you tell it and illustrate it!

Adrianna said...

I might love his cute cheeks under his hat more than I do the rotten pumpkin story!!!

Matt & Nicki said...

Aunt Dri,
All I have to say is it's a good thing those cheeks are so cute!!