Saturday, January 27, 2007

The Simple Things

Usually when my kids are quiet for an extended period of time it means they are doing something they shouldn't be--but not this time. Sara and I were in the living room and I noticed Silas hadn't been around for a while and was very quiet. I headed into my bedroom to find his head peering through the blinds to see the big truck parked outside the apartment building. I went to get my camera to capture his "innocence" and Sara climbed up to join him. I love when my kids are fascinated by the simple things!

























9 comments:

6packB said...

Nic, what is is about picts of kids from the back. This is really adorable. Hopefully the truck had work to do that took all day! It looks like maybe Sara's hair has been trimmmed since I saw her last? And you can really see how dark Silas' hair is. He looks so big here

carissa said...

How adorable. What a boy!!! Andrew is quiet in our van----just starring and counting trucks and trains...THEN A HUGE YELL!!! To see if we've seen them as well. Great pics!

Rachel C. said...

Oh, I know that sinking feeling when it's been too quiet for too long! Lately it means Amanda is playing in the toilet water! (Yuck.) The other day, I was enjoying a calm in the midst of a .... usual day, only to find half a roll of toilet paper in the potty. Still attached to the roll on the wall, mind you!! The look said, "Isn't this fun, mommy?!" Hmmm.

the johnson crew said...

so cute. yes, i know what it is like to have quiet kids... they are usually up to something... otherwise they are fighting...

janelle

Adrianna said...

Hey, I bet you could clean these up in Picasa and use them to mount on the wall near that bench!!

Matt & Nicki said...

Hey andi,
Do you like how I am using a body pillow with a red pillow case for a cushion on that chest since I don't sew--HA!! Can I "clean up" my room on Picasa too?:)

Adrianna said...

that's what I was figuring you were doing with that! It works!! As for cleaning your room up with it, sure, Picasa is a miracle-worker!!

Carbo family2 said...

It's the simple things that still amaze even us adults if you think about it.

Adrianna said...

I love how he's kneeling in the bench! I love when the kids do that!!