Thursday, January 10, 2008

What is wrong with this picture?

Okay, so this post could be used as blackmail later, but it's really for those of you moms out there who have a boy (or two) like mine, who likes to play with his sister's dress-up clothes. Silas is truly as boy as they come and I have stories and pictures to prove it, but for some reason he has taken to Snow White.
Honestly, he will dig through Sara's dress-up clothes just to find the red Snow White shoes. Fine, wear the red heels, they make a fun sound on the kitchen floor. . BUT the dress?!! This is where I draw the line! I refuse to help him put it on. I just can't bring myself to do it. However, on this particular day, Esther and her girls were visiting from Wisconsin and Silas was seriously out-numbered 3 to 1! So, since I wouldn't put the dress on, he went to Aunt Esther and asked her instead. I told her I don't allow it, but wouldn't make her out to be the bad guy and make her say no. So here she is helping Silas into his dress. I couldn't resist the photo opportunity, which should haunt him for years to come!



3 comments:

christina said...

funny... my nephew went through a phase when he would play in his sisters' dress up clothes. when we noticed he could walk down stairs in heels better than me we decided his christmas gifts that year would be all army guys and guns. :) don't worry.... he doesn't do it anymore. :)

Unknown said...

That last pic is the best - where he's strutting his stuff as snow white! I'm sure he'll soon grow out of that phase. Does Sara like to dress him up too? We always loved making up our little boy cousins.

Esther said...

How could I say no to my little Silas?! Great pics!!