Monday, February 26, 2007

Clothes Shopping

There is a story behind this shirt. . . Let me just say, I did NOT pick it out. We had to return an outfit that Sara got for Christmas, so I told her she could pick out another outfit in exchange. So, we walked around the clothing racks looking at clothes and she saw the pink and green sleeve of this shirt. "Cute," I thought, "nice choice Sara," but then I pulled the shirt off the rack and saw the front. "UMMM. . .let's keep looking peanut, okay?" So, we continue on our search and we end up back at the same rack and Sara picks the SAME shirt. . . SO, by this time Matt had come back with Silas(they were doing the same in the boys' section) and I showed him the shirt. He thought it was fine, "Nic, she's THREE." Okay, so I let her get the shirt and then I picked out these ADORABLE jeans to match. They must go together b/c they are the same brand and the colors are PERFECT! Anyway, it is a cute outfit, but I have always hated the shirts that say things like, "cutie pie", "aren't I cute?" etc . . . so, I wasn't too sure about this one. I will say though--plenty of people have commented-ughh! Even Sara will say, "have I been very, very good?" HMM. . .Speak the truth in love, right?!



9 comments:

Adrianna said...

I think the whole ensemble, including pigtails, is super cute!!

the johnson crew said...

i think it is cute. - although i do have my quirkey ways with clothes. i don't like clothes with dora or pictures, i like patterns, stripes, solids, flowers, sweaters... big girl clothes. - probably boring for kids.

Unknown said...

She really does look adorable though I understand your frustration at her choice. :) She looks so proud of herself! I'm with Janelle, I'm not a fan of characters or messages on shirts. My budget is limited but I try to choose plain little girly-type clothes. I can't wait for spring and summer to get here so Chloe can wear more dresses! I just love her in a cute summer dress!

Matt & Nicki said...

Janelle and Alicia, I too am NOT a fan of characters on my kids clothes--kids DO like them though--so if Sara wants a character on her clothes--she can have them on her p.j.s!:)

Cari Mohler said...

It is adorable! I never wanted Emma to have stuff like that either, or with characters on it, but there comes a time when to them it is just SO FUN! That you give in and say, they are just little and want to wear FUN KID stuff! It took me a bit to get to that point though...but to see how excited they are to have on what they REALLY wanted and what they PICKED out THEMSELVES is so sweet!
The jeans are very cute!!!

Adrianna said...

I was waiting for someone else to ask, but since they didn't, what's that face in the second picture??!!!

Matt & Nicki said...

Aunt Dri,
That is Sara being Sara--in pictures these days she wants to make faces instead of smile-oh well!:)

Kelly Glupker said...

Obviously I am a little late on this post, but I'll still leave my two cents. :)
I am totally with you on your clothing tastes. I was shopping last night and was looking at kids clothes (for the fun of it) and was amazed at the attitude written all over the clothes. Another pet peave of mine is the pants or shorts with writing on the butt. When I taught a girls P.E. class one of my rules was "No gym pants or shorts with writing on your rear!" Gosh I hate that. Again, just my opinion. :)

6packB said...

We are all agreeing with you on the whole no character clothing issue. It does not get any easier the older they get. The clothes get worse and the kids know what they want more. This shirt is really cute, though. My favorite shirt with writing of my girls was Bre's that said "halo missing" How appropriate! At least Sara did not pick out a Barbie or Bratz shirt!