Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Happy Valentines Day!

To know Him is to love Him. . .that is how I would describe my husband. I am frequently told by people how spoiled I am by my husband and they are right. I know his thoughtfulness and love is something I often take for granted! Matt is selfless in so many ways that make my life so much easier. He is a wonderful husband and an awesome daddy! He loves the Lord and He loves His family. He treats me far better than I deserve and expects nothing in return. He is actively involved in his children's lives, by reading to them, playing with them, bathing them, changing diapers, and watching them for me so I can have time away with friends. If my day has been busy and stressful, and I have not had time in God's Word, he will keep the kids occupied so I can have my quiet time. He works hard, and puts in long hours so that I can be home with our children. His day does not end when he comes home from work. He continues to give of himself to each of us. I have been truly blessed by this gift from God and I am so thankful for another day to celebrate our life together. I love you Bub!



8 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for sharing all that about your hubby! I know, I feel the same way about my Matt. It seems like I'm always itching for time away or time "off" and he never gets that. Praise God for the team-mates He gave us in parenting! Happy V-Day!

the johnson crew said...

what a nice post! matt sounds like a wonderful husband!

i was blessed with a really nice valentines day as well... jason does so much for us.

janelle

carissa said...

so great! I Miss you friend. Have a great Thursday!

Tfipps said...

Okay...I never knew your blog address until now. I have been wanting to leave a comment on your blog, but when I clicked on your name, it wouldn't take me here. I finally saw a link to your blog on Carissa's blog. Thanks for all your comments. I never realized how close in age our kids are. It is neat looking at your posts, since I can relate to many of the things with the ages of our kids being so close. I will keep checking your blog in the future.

carissa said...

That's the one and only Camp Clear-waters :) I wish I would've gone with him now and you could've come and stayed with me and my troop!

the J Force said...

Nik - you are a blessed lady and Matt is a blessed man! You are great friends and I love your family! Thanks for giving of yourselves for all of us!!!
B

Kelly Glupker said...

Sounds like you have one great husband!!!

Kelly said...

So, are you all planning on going to family camp again? We had such a great time getting to know you all better. Our boys beg to go back but we won't be able to go this year. Glad to have found your blog.