Wednesday, July 02, 2008

"Let him sleep, for when he wakes, he will move mountains"

I have that quote on a piece of vellum, just waiting to be used in Silas's scrapbook (should I ever actually work on it again), and it describes him perfectly. Every night before I go to bed I check on the kids and they always look so sweet and peaceful when they are asleep. Silas is my strong-willed, difficult child. He is impulsive, defiant, and stubborn. And yet there is another side to him, though rarely seen, that is sensitive and thoughtful. It is these times at night when I see him sleeping so peacefully that I wonder how he could cause such turmoil during the day. As difficult as Silas is, I love him to pieces-he gives the best hugs! I have been gently rebuked by others who kindly remind me that God is doing in work in ME through the training process of this little boy. At the end of the day, when I drag myself to bed and peek in on this sweet, peaceful, little guy, I am reminded that he truly is a precious gift from God. I pray for God's strength to remain faithful in this task.


2 comments:

Unknown said...

Aww, he looks so angelic when he's sleeping! His eyelashes are beautiful - for a boy that is. :) Hang in there and cling to God's grace for this crazy demanding mommy job!

Katie said...

I really, really feel your pain - or whatever you'd want to call it. :) It seems like Luke & Silas are pretty similar in a lot of their rough-housing ways. :) Often, after hard days, when I go check on Luke and see his angelic little face, I feel so bad and wonder how such a sweetie pie could make me so MAD sometimes. :) I know that God can and I trust He will greatly use his personality and all that goes with it for His honor. :)