Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Turkey Cookies

I found a recipe for these super cute Turkey cookies on the Betty Crocker website and thought I would give them a try-they seemed simple enough, no rolling and no cutting out perfect circles. I decided I would make them for Silas's birthday treats for Children's choir. I was more than relieved when they were finished. I decorated 20 of them which was about 18 more than I would have cared to decorate. I just didn't expect them to take so much time, and I was noticing EVERY mistake I made, realizing they didn't look quite as perfect as the picture on the website. I was quickly reminded by my husband that I was making cookies for 4 and 5 year olds and they weren't really going to care anyway--and he was right! The cookies were a big hit:)

4 comments:

Joe & Sarah McDaniel said...

someone made these for our mid-week Bible study a few weeks ago . . . yours turned out much cuter ;o)

the johnson crew said...

they are so cute nicki!

Beth said...

well, Mrs. Perfectionist... I see that the second claw on the fourth cookie is a little crooked! Jonas LOVED these! It was the first thing he told me about that night. They are cute. I'm glad you took a pic.

Anonymous said...

You are such a Hallmart Mommy. Too cute!