Thursday, March 01, 2007

My Latest Project

Anyone who knows me knows that I am NO Martha Stewart. . .I have zero creativity and I steal other peoples' ideas and then get help to do them. Anyway, I do scrapbook, (although I am extremely behind) and while I was at a scrapbooking store I found these letters. They are called chipboard letters and they come in plain white and are 8x8. Well, I have needed some "decor" for the one wall in our bedroom and thought it would be fun and very INEXPENSIVE (they were $1.00 each!) to decorate these letters and use them as a monogram on the wall. So, after they sat for months in a bag in my room I finally got around to decorating them. My good friend Beth Stamper was at my house and we did them together (she is the creative one). . . It was a lot of fun and very simple--just the way I like things!




7 comments:

Jenny said...

I come out of hiding and lurking to say, very very cute idea! Way to go!

Matt & Nicki said...

Mom,
I got them at Artsy Tartsy--We can go when you come--it's close and it's a small store so it's not as overwhelming as Archivers.

Adrianna said...

I think they look great!! Good work!!

the johnson crew said...

nicki, those turned out really cute. that is a really good idea.

Beth said...

STOP IT NICKI!

6packB said...

Beth, why shouldn't we all give you the credit you deserve?! If you were here think how much nicer my house could look! This project must have been fun to do and all the funner to do it together. Great idea. Is this in your bedroom? on which wall? How does Matt feel about having his initial decorated like this and was he gratified having it placed higher than yours, nic? Was this to show subservience?:) Joking. Looks really great.

Macksgirl said...

So... does that stand for Matt and Nicki or for Minnesota? Just kidding!! VERY cute! You did a good job- you should venture into the world of crafts more often!